Friday 14 May 2010

reflection of 14/05/2010 tasks and reflection on planned schedule for week!

Ok so first things first, I am feeling a little stressed out; Thursday morning I discovered we had a meeting about our hand in(for monday) in the morning.This therefore took time away from my lining tutorial and meant that I would be set abck a little with the proceedures of my lining. Equally stress has arison due to tuesday and part of wednesday and most of thursday where my tutor was not available and therefore holding me back on my planned timed schedule that was organised to enable completion of my garments in a good time schedule allowing time for problems and dilemnas that may eruot to be solved. However; due to these two days and thursday I was feeling the stress as there was now no time for errors or problems to occur and I would be needing to work at a fast pace but still maintaining accuraacy so as problems did not occur! I feel unfortunately my plan of action has had to be suspended and rearranged which is then hard to adjust to! However i realise I must realise that this is all something that an industry professional would have to face (reorganising their time constantly, rescheduling and reassing) but also in relation to the bands or music artist's schedule too! This illustrates how time management through organision skills are very important aspects of this job in industry! At least I am practicing this; by facing these dilemnas!!!

So enough constructive reflection on my thought regarding the problems surrounding my project and my shedule.. yesterday afternoon at 5pm I did manage to grab my tutor to advise me on what I could do that evening to continue my lining so as I could get that done by tomorrow (despite planning to have the sleeves done and put in by tomorrow originally which would now not happen!!) He advised me to iron all of my seams on my jacket perfectly and press them toward the back of the jacket or in the case of the bottom skirt edge and the waistline edges press them up toward the neckline. However the back seams pressed open and flat! Then I would herringbone stitch these done into place; not going through to the front of the jacket (so as the stitch was not evident from the front) to hold them in place; this would help ensure the accuracy of my garment's lining and end success!! (My ultimate aim!)

Therefore I took this on board and completed this ready for the next morning so as I could be in a position friday to finish my lining!

Friday (today) came and went like every other day has this week! I did however manage to almost complete my lining in class til 4pm but went home and finished my slip stitching. Also tonight I have began to prepare my collar by basting the callar canvas to my shirt collar and my jacket collar and machine stitching the top line!

Today, has been a vigourously manic day and I am still feeling the stress as I have not managed to complete my sleeves as of yet! This is something that I do not wish to rush! Therefore I must remeber to keep the accuracy when completing these over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment