Monday 10 May 2010

proposed plan of action for week starting 10/05/2010

This week I propose to start the week off by finishing my shirt pieces, like my cuffs and pique's! I plan that tuesday, U will make my collars up ready to go onto my jacket. I realise that due to studding my collar, I may need to do this before I put it together and then glue on the rhinestones; however, I do not want the studs to get in the way of where I am sewing; therefore it may be better to do it after I have made the collar up, whilst it is still open at the bottom before it is applied to the jacket! This is something I feel a second opinion from my tutor will help me to decide on the best option. Hopefully I will start my lining that afternoon with my tutor's guidance; due to it being a tailored garment and not having lined a full garment in a tailored way!! I plan to get my lining and facing complete by friday allowing me 3 and half days to complete it! This allows for any problems when putting it in or any larger scale problems; needing a good amount of time to deal with them. I plan to be lining my sleeves and putting them into my garments on friday afternoon and have them complete by 4pm (end of university) This allows me to discuss any problems along the way with my tutor along with my solutions and him advise me on the best solution! I Always try to come up with solutions myself to present to my tutor or research I have done to try to solve a question which he can then advise me from, as in industry this would most likely be the way I would have to tackle something I was unsure about if I was working freelance as most designers/ makers for the industry do!

I then have the weekend before Monday (hand in) to add (glue on and secure) my rhinestones and allow them time to dry before I hand in!

I feel my schedule is realistic and achievable! I will update you on how the week pans out with more regular updates than previously, as it is my last week of completion of my project!

Watch my posts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment