Wednesday 14 April 2010

designs- initial designs (uncoloured)












These were my initial uncoloured outline designs. When I sent them to James; he responded with a definate liking to design 2; therefore this was my chosen design to make!



I did not feel there was a further need to do a design in colour as I have gone about my design process differently to my group anyway.. producing clear mood boards illustrating the fabrics considered, decoration and embellishment and definate colour palette' black, greys, charcoal, burnt amber!!



This I felt was simply a different way of designing and seeing as I have shown the mood boards to James, to give him an idea of my proposed plans for this design, I once again did not feel the need to claify this further by producing a coloured design; especially since we are limited to 9 weeks for the whole project and therefore would prefer to begin pattern drafting now I know the shape etc! (This was also not a priority for me,, as my design skills are very basic and therefore hence why I chose to go about my design porcess more through research and creating mood boards from this to illustrate my direction. If I had felt these mood boards were not direct and illustrative of my direction for my design/ designs; I would have then of gone onto draw the design up in a more detailed, specified manner! James clarified he understood the direction of the materials, shapes etc and was happy for me to go ahead!



Therefore this was the confirmation which began my pattern sourcing, drafting and fabric shopping!








No comments:

Post a Comment