Wednesday 24 March 2010

reflections on my work carried out from the 10//03/2010- 15/03/2010 (group meeting)

Ok, so up untill this meeting I have been researching researching researching! I was really keen to get as much research and as much information from band member James about what he wanted as possible; so did not mind spending such a bulky amount of time researching. The research I have been conducting has not only been secondary and elements of primary from discussing with James what he wanmted; I decided some more primary research would be very useful for informing the modern element of my designs for band member James' Jacket and shirt. Therefore, I studied a selection of tailored menswear jackets and shirts of interest to me due to style, shape, fabric at several middle end budget Smart, formal menswear stores! You can see my pictures and evaluations/ analysis attached!

From conducting this extensive research I feel I will not become disillusioned and repetitive when forming designs for James' garments. I equally feel there more research conducted, the more experimentation and development that can follow from producing designs. Equally, I have experienced in previous projects how extensive research can help solve any unpredicted design problems that could possibly arise when trialling or even throughout the making process! For example, if you find that your main fabric does not look the way you proposed it to with the fabric for the lapel.. you may have decorational research which you can draw from and add something to the two; which can then make the combination work again! There are many more examples I could give.. but I am sure I will face some along the way that I will be discussing or reporting to you; but hopefully I will be able to overcome them due to my research!

All in all I feel that my research is all valuable as it is all relevant to my design process and can be seen through my designs and other parts will be seen through developments and trials at a later stage!

However... I do now need to get going on some designs; as I do need to consider that once I have completed them, I need to email them to James to decided which ones/ one he likes the most. I realise if i do not consider my time schedule and allow time for james to email back this will effect my ability to go fabric shoipping and make decisions on ordering decorational features straight away!

keep watch... things are developing... beginning to get to more of the exciting stages!

No comments:

Post a Comment